Saturday, October 31, 2015

WHAT? John Fashanu's Bother was A Gay, Paid to Keep Quiet

The respected football legend has opened up that he practically had to pay his late brother £75k to stop him from coming out open as a gay, just to save him and his family the embarrassment.

John Fashanu revealed the extents he went to prevent his elder brother, Justin Fashanu from coming out as gay back in the 90s. He said he paid him a whooping £75K to keep quiet about his sexuality.

Below is how he captured the shocking development:
“I begged him, I threatened him, I did everything I could possibly do to try and stop him coming out. I gave him the money because I didn’t want the embarrassment for me or my family. Had he come out now, it would be a different ball game. There wouldn’t be an issue, but there was then. Things are different now. Now he’d be hailed a hero.”

Fashanu is making the revelation just a week after it emerged that two top footballers – including an England star – plan to come out. 

It would be recalled that his brother, Justin Fashanu, committed suicide in 1998.

0 comments

Post a Comment

You Can Comment Below! --- YourGist247.Com